Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Balyage in Ruby Brown's & the KK hair treatment..

Hi guys! 

So, as most of you will have seen, I was invited in to Ruby Brown's Hair & Beauty Rooms on in Ballina on Saturday to have a hair transformation and try out the Olaplex treatment - yes the one Kim Kardashian uses!! To say I was excited is an understatement! I haven't dyed my hair in a salon since I had been to the girls in Ruby Brown's last year to get the copper colour, so it was in need of change and the girls are always so great to go in to. 



So I sat down with Gemma, owner and MD, and she talked me through the colours I could go for and helped me choose the perfect combination, I had no idea what to expect! Here is my before: 


I'd say I have about fifty colours in my hair & it was quite damaged. Gemma told me she was going to use the Olaplex treatment on my hair to strengthen it & protect it from damage after the blonde. In Ruby Brown's they are known for creating amazing Balyage hairstyles so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. Here is my after: 



It's a lot lighter in real life the camera doesn't pick it up great! I love it so much and it feels unbelievably soft after the Olaplex! 

So what exactly is Olaplex & how does it work? 

I've asked Gemma Brown from Ruby Brown's to explain exactly what it is:

"Here at Ruby Brown we love the Olaplex Treatment! We have been following its progress in the US for some time on social media and the unbelievable results celebrities like Kim Kardashian were getting, so we were thrilled to be one of the first Salons to get our hands on it here in Ireland and try it out for ourselves...

What is Olaplex? 
Olaplex basically is a bond multiplier meaning it will mend broken hair leaving it in better condition than it was before colouring or heat processes.
Even after BLEACHING your hair will be in better condition!
It works by reconnecting broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair. Hair bonds are broken during thermal, mechanical and chemical services.

Olaplex is free of silicone, sulfates, phthalates, DEA, aldehydes, gluten and is never tested on animals. 


Olaplex No. 2 Bond Perfector is not a conditioning treatment nor is it an activator or neutralizer. It uses the same active ingredient found in the Bond Multiplier No.1, however developed as a cream form for ease of application and use in the Olaplex System. This second step is necessary with all services for the best results. This is used to link the remaining disulfide bonds before and after service restoring the strength, structure and integrity of the hair.

the take home Olaplex:
No. 3 Hair Perfector: €42 @RubyBrowns
The client is to apply a generous amount to towel-dried hair, comb through and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or longer, then rinse, shampoo and condition. This is NOT a conditioning treatment to be left on the hair. The longer this is left on, the more effective it will be. This may be used more than once a week if necessary.

So in short the more you use and build up Olaplex the more your are mending it structure, great news especially for blondes...😉

Olaplex Salon Treatment cost €15-€25@Ruby Browns 

Call us on 096 70088 to book your appointment or to talk to one of our Stylists...xx"


And there you have it- I'll definitely be getting it done whenever I'm home my hair usually feels like straw and now it's so shiny and soft! 

I know this is a looooong post but I hope myself (&Gemma) have answered any questions you might have. 

At this point I want to say a HUGE thank you to Gemma & her amazing team for doing such a fantastic job on my hair, I absolutely love it so much, I feel like my hair has 'life' in it now! 

Til next time...

Elisha xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment