Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Halloween Inspired outfit!

Now, I know it's a bit late posting this, and for that I do apologise. The main reason is that I wanted to take done proper pictures of this outfit instead of awkward mirror 'selfies'-I can't believe I just used that word- but, in order to do that I need a camera! So until I get my hands on one this is the best I can do! I love this outfit SO MUCH. I love Halloween it's my second favorite day of the year after Christmas so I wanted to go all out at work with my outfit. I didn't do an awful lot of planning for this outfit, usually my favorite outfits come after me choosing random things and them just happening to work-well, at least I think they work-. I had been looking for a full-length kimono for a couple of years now and when I saw this black one on Missguided I fell in love with it and bought it straight away. The Floral crown is also something I have been lusting after for sometime now and when I saw it on ASOS for €25 it was a sign, so I snapped it up quickly. I live in a small, sometimes narrow minded town, I'm sure my Ballina readers will agree, so this is an outfit that I knew would raise a few eyebrows. Walking over to work that morning looking like a cross between a witch and a wedding bouquet I counted five people who actually pointed and laughed in my face! Now, the thing is, I love this so much. I love how clothes express who you are without you having to speak. If I loved an outfit I was wearing and nobody noticed it I would be heartbroken! As the old say goes 
 'people are going to stare, so give them something to stare at'. 
I also thought that  this would be the outfit that Stellar Magazine would choose to print, but i suppose the one they did print is more everyday style! :D The funny thing is, because it was Halloween so many people who didn't know me thought I was dressed up, to which I awkwardly replied 'em no, no these are my actual clothes'. 
Anyway enough of my ranting! Here are some pictures! 

This is the kimono, a tshirt from Penneys/Primark, and the skirt is from Primark also. 

Kimono is Missguided, it can be bought here: 

The skirt is old stock in Penneys but a similar style dress on Boohoo which i love can be found here: 
The floral crown is Rock n Rose, Beatrice Crown which can still be purchased for €25 on ASOS: 


The shoes I wore are Zara which I picked up on sale. 

Between the spikes on the shoes, and the quite heavy floral crown, I was in so much pain by the end of the day, but it was so worth it, and I can't wait to
Wear this outfit again! That's all on this post, thank you so much for reading! 

Peace, 
Elisha :) xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment