Thursday, May 22, 2014

My first piece for Mayo.today.ie!

Hello, This is my first piece fir Mayo.Today.ie! I'm thrilled to be joining the team! For those of you who don't know me I'm a fashion blogger from Ballina and each week I will be talking about topics which I am very passionate about such a fashion, beauty, skincare and nutrition. This week I'll be talking about my main passion- Fashion, this was taken partially from one of my cery first blog posts and it is one of my favourite ones I've written. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! 


'The World needs some excitement from fashion'


Here I quote the inspirational French Designer, Christian Lacroix. 
Never a truer word was spoken. In a world filled with angst, sadness, 'recession', and constant bad news filling our televisions and papers it has become second nature to accept the world as the media has painted it. However it's not all that bad is it? There will always be bad news, there will always be sad, heartbreaking stories, but if we are to focus on everything negatively, we may as well throw in the towel now. I'm quite a positive person, a trait that sometimes means I ignore problems and brush them under the carpet until it may be too late to resolve them; but I do generally try to have a positive outlook on life. As a wise person once said 'we're here for a good time not a long time'. That's not to say we should all ignore everything tough in life and live in some fantasy world- no, because then you miss out on the real world around you. What I am trying to say is that, we have control of certain things in our life, and style to most people is one of those things. Life is a bitch. Sorry to be blunt but it is. Maybe I'm mad, but, clothes are the one thing that will cheer me up when I've had a bad day. Fashion should be fun, and if you wear clothes with confidence than there really are no rules, only comfort. It is possibly my defiant nature which I was born with that influences my style, I don't follow trends religiously because I hate being told what to do, in most aspects in life! I love trying out new things, and just because something is 'out of fashion' will never make me not wear or buy it if I really like it. I'm not saying I'm always right in my choices- far from it- but I can honestly say that I can look back at all my outfits without regret because at the time they made me feel great! Trends are fickle and they come and go leaving women with empty purses and full wardrobes of clothes that may not even be their style. I'm all for trying anything out but why should we let fashion dictate what we have to wear? Fashion should not be a set of rules you must follow four times a year, but more so a set of choices for you to choose what suits you. It should also be fun, and as the saying goes 'life is too short to wear boring clothes'.

Now if any of ye have made it down to this point thanks for reading, and the moral is to just have fun with fashion, don't get too hung up on trends, and take risks, who cares if you look back in ten years and bury your hands in your head?! I once worse PURPLE leather trousers and a PINK SNAKESKIN leather jacket TOGETHER. I was 11, but still, and although I cringe looking at it, at the time I thought I looked gorgeous and it made me happy so really that's all fashion us about. Wearing what makes you happy. 

Until next week, 
Til debt do us part, 

Elisha :) xo 

Www.mayo.today.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment